Website upgrade in progress - navigation, style and layout may be changing - please be patient
The Medway Queen was launched in 1924 and entered service on Thames estuary routes in May of that year. She was used as a minesweeper in WWII and is famous for her seven trips to Dunkirk in 1940. After the war she returned to her old route until 1963. From 1966 until 1974 she was a nightclub in the Isle of Wight. The ship was returned to the river Medway in 1984 and the hull has now been rebuilt with support from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the European Regional Development Fund.