The launch event will be at Gillingham Pier on Saturday October 8th, opening at 11am. It is planned that the author, Faye Beerling, will be on hand to sign books and chat to her readers. It will go on sale in person at the Medway Queen Visitor Centre (open from 11am to 4pm, last admissions 3pm) and via the MQPS website. the cover price will be £6.99 per book plus UK P&P at £2.
IN OTHER PR NEWS:
1. The Jazz Night last Saturday was a great success and enjoyed by all. These things take effort to put on so a great thankyou to everyone involved and to everyone who supported the event. Report and pictures to follow.
2. The autumn edition of our members' newsletter, Full Ahead, has been printed and will be despatched very soon now to all members of MQPS.
3. Medway Queen West have a busy weekend ahead, with a stand at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre. Set up is on Friday followed by 2 days at the exhibition. TINGS is the biggest event attended by the group and contributes significantly to funds raised by them.
4. A new project "Adventures of the Medway Queen" is about to be announced. A new book, aimed at a younger audience, is in preparation and details will be available very soon now.
5. And, of course, the ship continues to be open on Saturdays thanks to the hard work of our "Saturday Team".